October 10, 2010

Man's Best Friend?

by Lindsay


I knew it would happen one day.  Or at least that's what I've been telling myself for the last four weeks.  "Yes," I'd say to myself, "the day will come when these 18 little piggies will all scamper around my feet instead of darting away at the slightest vibration of my boots."  And today was that day!  I stepped into their pen, can of goat milk at hand, and sure enough 72 little pig hooves came running-full speed-straight towards me...or more likely, towards that shiny, dazzling can of goat delight.  No matter.  It sure gave my self esteem a boost.  My moment of glory was tainted, however, by the flashing fear-filled thought of 72 LARGE pig hooves running straight towards me in just a few months.  Hmm, maybe there's a reason why dogs are man's best friend and not pigs.